The Monroe County Student Film Challenge is a county-wide filmmaking event open to high schoolers in which teams are given just one week to produce a short film. Each film must contain surprise “required elements” that are revealed at the start of the competition period. Films are screened publicly and awards are given in a number of creative and technical categories. Learn more about the Student Film Challenge at its web site.
Films in the 2019 competition were required to include the theme of “crime” and also: a required prop (a cassette tape); a required line of dialogue (“that’s the last thing I need”); and a required location (a closet).
2019 Award Winners
- Best Picture: THE LARCENY LUMINARY
- Audience Favorite: THE LARCENY LUMINARY
- Best Acting: THE SPIRAL OF SILENCE
- Best Cinematography: THE SPIRAL OF SILENCE
- Best Editing: THE SPIRAL OF SILENCE
- Best Sound: THE LARCENY LUMINARY
- Best Use of Required Prop: THE PLAN
- Best Use of Required Location: THE SPIRAL OF SILENCE
- Best Use of Required Line of Dialogue: COLD CASE